Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Item Review: Molly's Tea Set

  1. #1
    Inactive Member jrtmom3274's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2004
    Posts
    800
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have purchased an obscene amount of items lately and really have no complaints at all (well, except that I have now received TWO green Molly sandwiches-- I give up). My most recent item is just so fantastic, I had to post a review.

    Two days ago, after eight days on the road with UPS and USPS, I received Molly's tea set. It is simply the best accessory I have! The pieces are very well-made, heavy and just beautiful. I absolutely love it, and it will be the inspiration for my new kitchen re-decorate (with the help of some fab items at Cracker Barrel)!

    Heather

  2. #2
    Inactive Member dianasmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh, I love Molly's dishes too, just haven't gotten them yet. But I did get the hot chocolate set of hers from Hallmark and they have the same little pattern and I think they are adorable. Those were people sized mugs though, but I still liked them!

    Congrats on all your recent acquisitions! My UPS man delivers and then says "see ya tomorrow!"

    Laurie

  3. #3
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for the review! I love this set! thinking of getting it in a few years, lol.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Kitzka's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 15th, 2004
    Posts
    174
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    thanks for the review! I am torn over whether to get Kit's set or Molly's for DD. She has Kit but I rally love Molly's set! Not sure if DD is going to be a purist or not. I guess time will tell.

    Lara

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Sakurako's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 29th, 2004
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thank heavens you said you got two green Molly sandwiches. When the replacement came for the one I called and complained about, it looked green to me, too! But I have pale green striped wallpaper in my dining room (where I store the AG food) and I thought it was just me. I mean, they couldn't be turning out green bread by the barrelful, could they? So I kept the second one, which was a lighter green, and sent back the mint green. What a relief that I'm not going crazy!

    I've always wanted Molly's birthday set but never bought it because I have so many doll sized china sets already. (I got quite a few in the 80's when I was playing with Raggedies and the AGs sort of permanently borrowed them.) Guess I may have to break down and get it...

  6. #6
    Inactive Member jrtmom3274's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2004
    Posts
    800
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cherry,
    Those little PB&Js are definitely green; it's not just you! I thought the first one looked green, so I held it up to Kit's sandwich. Scary!!! They sent the second set, and it is exatly the same. I just gave up. If I ever get to Chicago again, I might exchange it there. I saved the box and receipt, just in case.

    Definitely consider Molly's tea set!!!
    Heather

  7. #7
    Inactive Member MaryCarly's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 20th, 2004
    Posts
    1,010
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thank you, Heather, for the review. I have wondered about that set. Could you also tell us what fab items you have found at Cracker Barrel?

  8. #8
    Inactive Member jrtmom3274's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2004
    Posts
    800
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by MaryCarly:
    Could you also tell us what fab items you have found at Cracker Barrel?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Cracker Barrel has a whole set of kitchen items in a mid-forties style. They are white with red, blue, yellow & green with fruits and tiny blossoms. There's a valance, table cloth, napkins, cookie jar, canisters, salad plates, timer... all sorts of things. I have a birthday coming up, and I told people who asked I wanted that stuff, so I'm hoping!

  9. #9
    Inactive Member jrtmom3274's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2004
    Posts
    800
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Mary, it never occured to me to look for the Cracker Barrel items online. I just went to their site. If you click "housewares," many of the items come up on the first page: days of the week towels, colorful stripes items, etc. The club sandwich timer is on the next page. Unfortunately, the table linens and valance aren't on there, or at least, I haven't discovered them yet.

    http://shop.crackerbarrel.com

  10. #10
    Inactive Member MorknMindy's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2005
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Perhaps during World War II, most people could only afford old moldy bread, thus the green sandwiches? I think that's one accessory I'll stay away from.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •